We're Absolutely Exhausted

Leaving in 24 hours on our trip. Between Nancy's broken leg, their house up for sale, the purchase of their new home in Idaho, and decorating the home in Idaho and their home in San Francisco and.....staging the house in Walnut Creek for the sale and......well, you get the picture. Mike, Nancy and I are, quite frankly, exhausted. If this is retirement I'm never going to stop working!! But, our prize is around the corner. And the good news is, once we get to Malpensa we have a car picking us up and taking us to the Four Seasons in Milan to spend the night. Next afternoon the Villa car picks us up at the hotel and we are at the Villa. Staff will be waiting with cocktails and light finger food. I'm not going to lift a finger the entire time, if I can get away with it.

My plan is to really enjoy the Villa to the hilt. Work out...eat....walk...see all the wonderful places Ron and Susan told me about and just recuperate. I bought a "Nook" because of all the weight from the books I wanted to read and promptly loaded it with 15 new books. Yup...15. I love to read.

I'm getting my hair cut this afternoon. It is so long I feel like a mop. Everyone keeps telling me they love it long, but I'm so uncomfortable. So, I'm taking about 3 inches off and feeling good about it.

Let's see. I think that is it so far. Probably next time I write it will be from Italy. I can't wait. I know how much Susan and Ron love this country. They have shared their experiences for years and I'm so looking forwarded to understanding first hand what it is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment